Tuesday, 19 July 2016
It may seem intimidating to plan and install a new kitchen cabinet. However, the process is quite simple. Regardless of the size of your house, the best kitchen planning procedure should be adhered to. It is important to take the time to prepare for the planning and installation of the kitchen cabinet. Nevertheless, the first guidelines for positioning the cabinets should be drawn.
Important tips about design and style of the kitchen cabinet during the planning and preparation
During the time for the planning, various factors should be considered. Both time and Finance are some of the factors which should be put into consideration. Apart from the reasons mentioned, you need to be well acquainted with the following:
• The countertops
Countertops are significant for accommodating the electric appliances as well as food preparation. The appliances which could be accommodated on the countertops include blenders freestanding microwaves and coffee makers. Countertops will also provide an area for eating some form of breakfast. If you want to design the countertops, it is the best idea not to block the route between the sinks, stove and refrigerator. This is because most of the people utilize the additional counter space for containing a stove.
• The storage
The storage is another factor which should be considered when you are designing a kitchen cabinet. Cabinets and pantries which are extended to the ceiling will increase the amount of storage space in a kitchen. The wide range of storage can also accommodate a place where garbage could be placed.
• The appliances
A wise decision can be made on the appliances which you will have in the kitchen. A triangular layout of appliances such as stove, refrigerator and sink should be considered. This will make the access to those sections straightforward. Beside each area, there should be room for storage and preparation. Putting the stove next to the refrigerator is not the best thing to do like the warm air which is around the stove will pose a problem.
How to deal with the cabinet supplier
When you have formulated some ideas about the style and design which you are looking for, you need to contact the cabinet supplier. Accurate measurement of the room should be taken. This comprises of the room height and width, the alcoves, window seals and the width of the windows. A computer generated your supplier will produce the design. This will give you a hint on how your kitchen will be. A reputable firm which you should consult is the best company in Singapore. The firm will provide you with the outstanding ways of designing the cabinet.
The standard sizes of the cabinet
The best manufacturers in Singapore have cabinets which are on the stock. However, others will even take weeks or months. In fact, you need to bear this in mind as you are planning. Also, plan very well ahead by coordinating the delivering of materials in time. Semi-custom cabinets are built basing on your industry standards. The cabinet sizes are developed basing on the ceiling height whose dimensions are 8 feet. Other measurements include:
• The standard Wall cabinet of 12 inches deep and 30 inches tall
• The wall cabinets above the stove or sink should be between 12 and 24 inches tall.
• The widths of the cabinets range from six to forty-eight inches
Preparation for the installation process
The wall surface should be prepared in time. Kitchen cabinets should also be assembled before installation. For the success of the project, you need to draw the first line guide so as to position the cabinets well. Since the cabinets and countertops are heavy items, you will require someone to assist you in lifting the cabinets.
Drilling of electrical cut outs and plumbing in the cabinets
After marking up the surface walls, the next step is to the assembling of the cabinets. For each type of the cabinet, the manufacturers’ instructions should be followed. The wall cabinets are sometimes held up on the walls. Once you have positioned it, the pilot holes are drilled through the inside of the cabinets. The electrical cut outs should also be drilled on the cabinet.
Why you need to choose the best company in Singapore when you are planning for the kitchen cabinets
• Materials provided are of high quality
The products which the company makes are worth the value of the money which you will invest. Most of the people have claimed that they can use the products for a very long time. The kitchen cabinets products are also popular since they are durable. This is because they can withstand several years before reducing their quality. What is very surprising about the company is because they are committed to the production of materials which are outstanding.
• The labors are professional
So as to avoid any damages which are in your house, you are required to hire labors who are experts. The best company in Singapore has professional labors that are very ready to assist you in the planning and installation of the kitchen cabinet. In fact, they are trained to give the best service.
• The customer service is friendly
Another reason for choosing the best company in Singapore is that you will receive a warm, welcome from the company staff. They are available to provide the solution to any problems which you may face while planning for the installation of your kitchen.
• The company staff has high skill and experience
When it comes to interior design, not all the designers are skilled. Contrary to that, the skill level of the company experts is high. If you are a home owner, and you need the service, just request for the photos of the previous jobs which has been done. This will give you an overview of how they are performing their duties.
Most the people are aspiring to get kitchen cabinets in their homes with the best quality and affordable prices. For this fact, you need to follow the guidelines mentioned above. In addition to that, look for the best company in Singapore. The corporation will handle the duties which you will give to them effectively.
Monday, 6 June 2016
· Kitchen cabinets are essential for the maintenance of the kitchen. They ought to have the best combination of features to make the kitchen attained the desired standards. They should be customized by the user’s preferences. They should accommodate all the things in the kitchen that are to be stored in the drawers. Some features that can guide one while choosing kitchen cabinets are discussed below.
· The cabinets should have good drawer slides. For putting or removal of items from the drawers in the cabinets, there is a need for easy opening and closing of drawers. They should be able to move freely without being stuck in a way that requires more force to be applied or in a way producing a scratching sound. The slides should as well be in a position to carry the entire load that will be put in the drawers.
· The cabinet doors would work well to avoid the contamination by flies and other organisms if they were fixed to be self-closing. The feature would be made in such a way that it requires a gentle push and then the door can close itself tight. In addition, to ensuring no flies or insects is getting into the cabinets, they also nullify the need for slamming. Slamming can cause breakage of the doors as well. Drawers also require being self-closing to that they do not block the cabinet doors from closing itself. They are convenient since the owner does need to close them personally.
· Kitchen cabinets work best when they have pulls and knobs. Opening and closing of the cabinets should be made easy for the user. The doors should be fitted with knobs and pulls that will enhance opening. Knobs and pulls are made from a variety of materials. They can be made of metallic, plastic, rubber or wood. They take different shapes so the owner can select according to their taste.
· When choosing kitchen cabinets, one should also consider their lighting. Well-illuminated cabinet brightens the space. It also makes the location of items in the cabinet easy and thus saves time. The light also makes the cabinet appealing. The lighting system should not compromise the capacity of the drawers or the cabinet. For example, they should not be fitted with bulbs that utilize a lot of space and thus reducing the capacity of cabinets. Lighting should be power saving and cheap to install.
· In cases where a large cabinet is required, it should have pulled out drawers. Pull out drawers can be advantageous in that they do not require one to stretch their hands or kneel down in the attempt to reach out items at the backspace of the drawers. When one needs to get out such items, they can easily do it by pulling out the cabinet to get them.
· Some cabinets are fitted with drawer pegs. The drawer pegs are made to be heavy-duty. They used to stop the items from moving around. The pegs are particularly useful for cabinets that have pulled out shelves. Items may at times fall off causing spillage or breakage when the drawers are pulled out or pushed in. Such problems can be prevented by the use of drawer pegs.
· Shelves to be used for storing wines and similar drink containers should be fitted with racks. Such racks should be mounted in the lower drawers or shelves for the convenience and safety of the contents and convenience of access.
· Another feature that can be used in kitchen cabinets is the lazy susan. They are circular fittings that are mounted inside the cabinets. They are commonly put in the far-end or corner spaces that are not easy to access. They help the user to bring items from the back to front and thus make them easily accessible. The feature also helps in reducing the space wasted since many people would opt not to put items where it is not easy to get them out.
· The cabinet should allow for easy cleaning and maintenance of high hygiene levels. The material making the cabinets should not be hard to clean such as when some products spill on them. How the corners are shaped determines how easy it will be clean them.
· It is always prudent to purchase a cabinet that is in line with your home design. The house looks organized and well planned when the design is uniform. The colors, as well as the shapes for your home, should agree. For the inbuilt cabinets, it just requires proper instruction at the time of construction. For readymade cabinets, the selection should be made carefully to ensure consistency in design.
In addition, the cost is a factor that cannot be overlooked. The cost should be friendly. The purchase cost should be low, and they should be able to last for a considerable duration of time. One should avoid the purchase of cabinets that are highly fragile to reduce the risk of breakage. They should be cheap to maintain.
The homeowner should do research to come up with the best furnitures and fittings. The research should be subject to the internal factors such as budget, space available and the number and sizes of items in a room. They should as well consider the durability, design, and additional features of the furniture and fittings. Everything put or fitted in a room should improve the utility of the room; it should ease the working as well as the safety of items.
Tuesday, 12 April 2016
Tuesday, 1 March 2016
When you buy a new home, then you get everything that is new, in good condition and look good to you. But after few years of rigours use, things start fading and those things don’t look as bright as it used to be. Also, over a period of time, thing get damaged and you find it almost impossible to have a comfortable life without investing a good amount of money in the renovation work. There is nothing wrong if you are investing money in the remodelling or renovation work, but it is essential that you do it in a proper manner. If you fail to follow the right procedure then you might not get the best result with it. Here, I am giving you the ultimate guide on kitchen remodelling that will help you get great outcome and usability in your kitchen with great ease.
Give time to it: In this guide, I will strongly recommend you to give time for the planning part. If you will invest a good amount of time in the kitchen remodelling planning, then you will be able to get a good result with it in an easy manner. In case you are wondering how much time you need to give for the planning of your kitchen remodelling, then six month is the ideal time for that. Experts always guide you to have at least six months of time for kitchen remodelling planning. In this time, you can carefully plan each and everything and you can include almost everything with ease. The best thing about proper planning is that you will get a good result and it will reduce the cost of work as well for you.
Check your existing home: If you will buy a kitchen without proper planning, then you are going to have a negative result for same. For example, you buy an extra-large fridge and after buying it, you realise that you can’t get it inside your kitchen. So, it is a wise idea that you examine your kitchen and its current situation before buying the new equipment’s or gadgets for same. When you will buy appliances keeping the size in your mind, then you will not have any trouble installing it in your house.
Keep the triangle free: In your kitchen, you always travel most between sink, fridge and your gas stove. If you have any kind of blockage or hurdles in this area, then you are going to have trouble finishing your work in the kitchen. To avoid any trouble, it is strongly recommended that you keep the area free. This free area will help you get the better result as you will be able to get better outcome having no troubles or complication in any manner.
Evaluate the cabinet size: In your kitchen remodelling work, you must need to check the cabinet size and shape to get the better look at it. If you will have very big or small kitchen cabinet, then you might not be able to place all the things properly in your room. Also, you need to evaluate the height of your kitchen cabinet in the kitchen remodelling process. For this requirement, I would guide you to plan it according to your kitchen height. If it is more than 8 fit, then you can add kitchen cabinets up to the ceiling. But if its height is more than that, then make sure, you do not go above this height else you will not be able to get the material easily from above cabinets.
Check color scheme: Choosing color of your cabinet is another important thing that you will have to do for the better outcome in easy ways. Ideally, you should use some colors that give light and brightness to you in your kitchen. Also, this should match with your home and its color scheme. If you will not choose its color in a wise manner, then you are going to have the only negative result and you will not be able to get any benefit of your kitchen remodelling. Hence, I would guide you to choose the color in a proper manner.
Choose a good countertop: In your kitchen remodelling work, everything may change with wise selection of countertop. If you get a good countertop, then things can go really good for you and you can have a good look in your kitchen with ease. At the other hand, if you fail to get a good countertop, then you may never get any of the results. So, it is strongly recommended that you pay minute attention to the selection of countertop as well. It should be easy to clean, it should blend well with your kitchen and house and it should also have strength in it. These factors will help you get the good look in your kitchen with great result and you will not have any complication as well.
Add some extras: In order to have a good result in your kitchen remodelling, it is also advised that you get few basic extra in your kitchen. These basic extra can include a trolley for your kitchen cabinet and similar other things. These minute things will certainly make a big impact for you and you can have a really great outcome as well. with some research, you can certainly get a lot of things that you can add in your kitchen as extras and you can get a really good result with that having no troubles at all.
In addition to these things, you also need to remember that you do not try to add so many things to it. If you will add so many things, then you might not be able to get any good result and you will have only troubles or problems. Also, you should have a good budget to make sure you do not face any trouble in your kitchen remodelling work due to fund. Along with this, I also guide you to hire a good professional for completion of this work because if you will try doing it by yourself, then you may have the only poor quality result and you may not get a good look in your kitchen.
Tuesday, 23 February 2016
In earlier time people used to have colored kitchen cabinets in their houses to enhance the look of their kitchen and home. The same trend is back now and more and more people are trying to have smart colored kitchen cabinets in their houses. Some time back people went away from these retro themes and some dull colors that its place. But with the time change, the modern interior fashion changed backs the time and the colored kitchen cabinet becomes trends of 2016 again. The colorful cabinet becomes the latest trend and the range of colors are endless. But simple parameter of the selection of color should be based on your choice of colors and the present settings as well. don’t choose the shade only because of the trendy theme whether you should select some vivacious color you prefer. The colorful surrounding makes the cooking experience more cheerful and develops a great excitement also.
Here we are sharing some list of colors that you can use in your home cabinets and multitude the kitchen moments.
Grey: Many people consider gray as a dull shade and they want to go for some bright colors. But the truth is slightly opposite to this and it can add a great shine in your house and kitchen. Warm gray adds sophistication and great style to the kitchen. If you are making your mind for gray, then it can be prominent. The gray shade brings a magic to your kitchen cabinets and the great texture elevates the looks with ease.
Blue: All the shades of blue are simply amazing and it can add a spark in your kitchen cabinets. It is one of the most favorite colors for so many people around the world. Also, in Singapore where I always remain hot and humid blue color can enhance the looks of the kitchen in a light way. Blue gives an energetic and refreshing style. White gives a complement to the shades of blue and this combination in kitchen cabinet brings a natural and coastal surrounding experiences.
Orange: with orange we don’t mean to the 70s show room like kitchen. Orange turns the dull and boring kitchen into full of brightness and cheerful place of the house. The slight use of orange in the kitchen bring the feel of this shade as well that can help you deal with very hot and scratching days in summer. Orange color is alike purple that should be used wisely. To get an elusive poise to your kitchen, you may use orange with some lighter shades for your kitchen and you can give it a new look in 2016.
Green: Green is the color of life and when you would have your kitchen cabinet in this color, then it can add life to your house as well. With green color, you can add some other color combination such as light yellow or off white color. These extra combinations can add a certain beauty to your house and you can have a fantastic and most amazing look in your house with the best possible manner.
White: Many people get surprised after listening that white can be used in the kitchen cabinet. But when you explore some interior designs for your kitchen in white then you change your mind instantly. The most amazing thing about white color is that you can pair it with almost any color and it can enhance the beauty in your house. You can add the white color kitchen cabinet having some red pipes or blue stripes on it and it can give amazing beauty to you. Also, you can add more then one patter in it and you can get a good look in your kitchen cabinet.
Black: Black might be not the most favorite color for many people but if you would use it wisely, then you can certainly add shine in your house with this color as well. To use the black color, you should use it only with kitchen cabinet and you should complement the kitchen with other colors. Also, you get the freedom to use color in various shade such as wood finish black, charcoal black. You can pair the black color with brown wood and you can also make a combination of black and white color. In fact, you can pair it with many colors and you can add a beauty and shine in your kitchen with lots of elegance in the simplest possible manner.
Red: Red is the color of happiness, love and joy. That means if you would use the red kitchen cabinets in your house renovation, then you can have these feelings in the air. This could be the best choice for a newly married couple and for those couples as well that already lived a long married life and losing their strength and bonding. To enhance the beauty of your kitchen cabinet, you can pair red color with white stripes or some flower designs in clearly visible pattern or color theme and you can enhance the beauty with ease.
Purple: violet or purple are the majorly used color for every setting. These are the stunning and classy shades. Undoubtedly these shades give instant visual richness and these shades stay in the modern trend for next few years for sure. If you choose purple for the kitchen cabinet, then the primary attention you should pay for the surrounding things for decoration. If you are fond of some unique pieces for décor, then choosing purple can be an issue for you.
Yellow: Yellow is another amazing color that you can choose for your kitchen cabinet in 2016. Many people always underestimated the yellow color, but this can be available for you in so many shades and options. You can choose few shaded for your kitchen cabinet and you can make a good design with it. Also, you can combine it with some dark color such as maroon or cherry red and that will give a new height to the look of your kitchen and overall house as well.